Complaint Review: Pinnacle Recovery Inc

• Pinnacle Recovery Inc
    P.O. Box 130848
    Carlsbad, California
    United States of America

Pinnacle Recovery Inc Unfair collection practices obscene 40% interest charges Carlsbad, California

*Consumer Comment: High Interest on Past Due Amount

I own a timeshare that I purchased from Southern Peaks in NH.   My timeshare is managed by Bluegreen Resorts Management.

I fell behind my maintenance fees for 2010 and 2011.  Collection was turned over to Pinnacle Recovery Inc.  When I tried to make payment arrangements with Pinnacle they informed me that they were charging me 40% interest on my balance.  They then began incessant collection and dunning calls to my home phone & cell phone and it was always a recording.  They never sent me any correspondence to document their charges and every time I spoke to someone they would not budge on the 40% interest.  I refused to pay the interest although I was willing to pay the maintenance fees.  They would not budge.

Next I received a letter today from Bluegreen Resorts Management that stated that since I had not paid my maintenance fees (approx $1,200) they were going to take my $18,000 time share as "liquidated assets"!  I am filing DOJ complaints against both Pinnacle and Bluegreen.  Can they just do this?  I have a deeded timeshare not a point system.  Anyone out there that can help me would be much appreciated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2011 12:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/pinnacle-recovery-inc/carlsbad-california-92013/pinnacle-recovery-inc-unfair-collection-practices-obscene-40-interest-charges-carlsbad-790597. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

High Interest on Past Due Amount

AUTHOR: Judicial - (United States of America)

You need to review your purchase agreement and see what the default clause states and what they can do if you default on your loan.  Do you have a deed that was filed in a government office, such as the county clerks office?

You can contact at sourcemaster@juno.com I may be able to help you include your phone number.