Report: #202307

PizzaHut.com
    Internet

Pizza Hut Online violates own privacy policy Internet

*UPDATE Employee: phone numbers

I've ordered pizza from PizzaHut.com for a couple years now. The site works by taking your order and forwarding it to your local pizza hut for delivery. I used it from several locations in the Chicago area and received delivery from several different pizza hut locations without any problems.

When signing up for the service, as with most sites, you have to agree to their privacy policy and terms of service. Their privacy policy explicitly states that there is an "Opt-In" procedure if you wish to be contacted by pizza hut with special offers, etc.

Well, today they called my cell phone to annoy me with a barely audible machine-recorded message telling me all about their great pizza. Of course this is at my expense, since I'll have to pay for the cell-minutes they wasted.

To make this worse, all of my phone numbers are listed in the national do-not-call registry and I most definately did NOT Opt-In!

I'm sure they're doing this to all of their other customers too!

Eric
Vernon Hills, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2006 04:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/pizza-hut/internet/pizza-hut-online-violates-own-privacy-policy-internet-202307. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

phone numbers

AUTHOR: Rezzin - (U.S.A.)

AWWW - boo-h*o. The Online Order only requires 1 phone number to process. If you don't want web-based businesses to have your cellphone number, then don't give it out! It is optional on PH site.