Complaint Review:

• Updated: Tue, June 13, 2017

• Reported By: TraderJ — LAKELAND Florida USA
PJ's Painting and Home Services, LLC
7805 US Hwy 98 N #50 Lakeland, Florida USA

PJ's Painting and Home Services, LLC - Jerry Williams Jerry Williams the owner took deposit and never showed to do job, called and emailed him many times with no reply. Lakeland Florida

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

I found Jerry Williams who claims to be a painter on Craigslist where he has many, many ads. Some ads are not under his business name so be careful, he list things such as; Painting, Painter, Repairs, Eviction Clean Outs, Clean Ups, Estate Clean Up, Trash Removal, Get Ready Work, etc..

He came to our home for an estimate on a painting job and basically scammed us out of our deposit of $150.00! His job price seemed fair at $350.00 and he wanted to start right away, but he asked for the deposit which I usually don't do for someone I don't know. He told me he was listed on www.sunbiz.org as a legit LLC and I did check it out along with other paper work he showed me, and everything looked in order. He was starting to get frustrated but wrote me up a proposal and a receipt for the check I gave him on generic type paper with no letter head (he cashed the check that day).

He told me he was divorced and his ex took him for broke and he was trying to get back on his feet, so he didn't have business paperwork or a business bank account.

He requested we make the check out to his name (I should have stopped there), then the day before he was suppose to start he called to say he'd be an hour late because he had to go for a blood test. Well he never showed and never called, I called him many times for several days and received no call backs - it's been well over a week now.

I even checked the local hospitals just in case but nothing turned up. His name is Jerry Williams and his phone number is 863-808-7474, his business card says his email address is paintpro911@gmail.com, which he also will not reply too. The business location is Lakeland FL!

I should have checked him out better because he is noted all over as a scam artist, he also claims he's deaf out of one ear and can't hear well out of the other. His company is rated D+ by the BBB and my complaint is under review to post. I just want my deposit back at this point, I wouldn't trust him to do the job. I'm here to warn everyone not to trust this guy, Jerry Williams, he cannot be trusted, so please stay away his ads are all over Craigslist!

. [continued below]....
....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2017 11:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/pjs-painting-and-home-services-llc/lakeland-florida-33809/pjs-painting-and-home-services-llc-jerry-williams-jerry-williams-the-owner-took-depo-1378833. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PJ's Painting and Home Services, LLC