Complaint Review: Playa Vista Car Wash

• Playa Vista Car Wash
    6900 Centinela Blvd.
    Culver City, California
    USA

Playa Vista Car Wash Refuse to offer refund of defective product Culver City California

Never purchase anything if you ever have any intention returning it, even if it's defective! I've been coming here for the past 2 years. Not really for any reason than it's a bit cheaper and not quite as long a wait than Westchester Hand Wash. They do a decent job washing the car, but I've spordically had issues with the customer service. Nothing major until today.

The manager, Kevin, refused a refund for a deck of gold playing cards (which by the way, do not purchase). They are poorly made. I purchased them as a present for my brother and the first time I took them out of the card box, the box fell apart and the laminate on the cards was peeling off. I gave them to him on our vacation together. I came back 11 days later (right after my vacation) to return them (after all they are a $30 pack of cards, I would hope that they wouldn't fall apart after the first use.)! I called while on vacation, stopped in the day when I returned, and then again today (previously the employees told me I needed to speak to Kevin, because there was a no refund policy.).

Kevin came out to meet me and said they had a strict no refund policy. I explained to him that the cards are defective and this is not a situation of just wanting a refund. I showed him the box and the cards and he says "Did you not look at the cards before you purchased them?". This is funny on multiple counts, because first of all, who opens the card box for a set of cards before you buy them? Secondly, I wouldn't have started to play a hand of cards right on the spot, so there is no way I would have known the laminate was defective. I told Kevin if that was his decision I would not ever come here to wash my car again, nor recommend to anyone I speak with. In a customer centric world I can not believe how I was treated or the fact that he was willing to sacrifice all the repeat car wash business. Poor decision, but I would rather find out on a pack of cards than if something happened to my car!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2017 03:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/playa-vista-car-wash/culver-city-california-90230/playa-vista-car-wash-refuse-to-offer-refund-of-defective-product-culver-city-california-1384762. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content