Complaint Review: Playphone

• Reported By: Indianapolis Indiana
  • Playphone
    224 Airport Pkwy #300
    San Jose, California

Playphone Says account is canceled, yet still being charged 9 months later with NO refund San Jose California

I signed up for a free trial (what I fool I was!) I sent a text message per their website instructions on May 30 to stop the account. I sent in 2 phone bills for credit, and actually received a check (faint!) Despite the credit and numerous text message, I'm still being charged! I've emailed, only to be given the same pat answer that my account is canceled and to forward my phone bills for credit, which I haven't received from the last 6 phone bills. They had me email support2, and still being charged. I've tried calling, and when you call, you get an answering service who can do nothing but forward an email to the corporate office (the service swears they don't have the corporate office's number)

Then when I filed a complaint with the BBB, they responded that they had no records of emails from me, which I promptly faxed AND then mailed over, along with all my phone bills for the credit promised in their BBB complaint response, and over a month later nothing but ANOTHER fraudulant charge on my phone bill.

Shel
Indianapolis, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2008 10:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/playphone/san-jose-california-95110-1022/playphone-says-account-is-canceled-yet-still-being-charged-9-months-later-with-no-refund-312521. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content