Report: #1120136

• Plymouth Direct Products
    425 Stump Road
    North Wales, Pennsylvania
    USA

Plymouth Direct Products aka Night View Plymouth Direct fraudulently doubled my order, ignored my cancellation, charged me & stonewalled direct contact. North Wales Pennsylvania

Plymouth Direct Products offered on TV Night View (NV trade mark) glasses 2 pair for $10 plus $7.95 shipping & handling for each pair or a total of $25.90.  I selected 2 pair of glasses which would include 2 S & H for the total of $25.80. THeir website www.getnightview.com repeated the offer and then requested all credit card detail including the three digit security code.

My credit card information, mailing address and email address were then requested which I completed.   Then, to my surprise,  I was requested to punch a "continue" the order button where they kept offering new products additions to the order or decline the new offered item.  This procedure continued 6-8 different additional Plymouth Direct Product offerings on the following order pages.   I declined every additional product.

Finally, I came to a summary page stating my charges.   I was surprised when my total charges had been doubled to $51.80 for 4 Night View glasses ($20.00) and 4 Shipping & handling charges ($31.80).   This was not my intent. There was no correction nor cancellation button.  THere was only a button "Submit Order".  Since they did not offer a way to correct or cancel the order at $51.80 which I did not want, I deleted the entire order.  Unfortunately, they had already taken my credit card information.   I was unsure if deleting the final summary order page had cancelled the order.  I attemped to call Plymouth Direct  Prsoducts several times with no success in contacting a live person.  They also now had my email address, but I never received any email confermation of the order nor an inquiry has to no activated "Submit Order".

A  day later a "pending" charge appeared on my credit card account.  My bank informed me I could only dispute the charge after the "pending" moved to an actual charge.   I will dispute  the charges and I will return the merchandise should the goods actually arrive at my home.

Subsequently, I called Plymouth Direct and their automated system said they had shipped the NV glasses.  I will return same.

Before completing this complaint, I searched the internet and discovered numerous complaints similar to mine which convinces me they are intentionally structuring their order system to increase order size and wear out the customer wthout refund and satisfaction.  After all, it is not "enough money" to justify the excess time required to correct the "errors".  There terms have many legal requirements but contacting them is near impossible.  That is no accident.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2014 01:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/plymouth-direct-products/north-wales-pennsylvania-19454/plymouth-direct-products-aka-night-view-plymouth-direct-fraudulently-doubled-my-order-ig-1120136. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content