Report: #1200934

• Updated: Sun, January 11, 2015
  • Reported By: Susan — Covington Kentucky
  • PNC Health Savings Account

USA

PNC Health Savings Account, Fifth Third Bank, Bank of Kentucky Exorbitant fees charged on PNC Health Savings Account, by either Fifth Third Bank or Bank of Kentucky

I'm not even sure who to blame about this problem since no one I've talked to at any of the three banks involved seems to know how or why this happened, but it's happened twice now so I don't think it's a mistake.

I have an HSA account through PNC Health Savings. I wrote a check to my provider and by the time she cashed it my account was a few dollars short of the $100.00 amount on the check. Her bank charged her $35, which she passed on to me (rightfully so, I have no problem with this). A few days later the check was run through again, along with a $50 check return fee. The problem is, this was reported as coming from my provider's office, and she didn't charge me this fee. My bank claims they didn't charge me the fee. Her bank, Fifth Third, also claims not to have charged the fee.

When PNC investigated, they said the charge came from Bank of Kentucky. I don't even understand how Bank of Kentucky could be involved, but I called Bank of Kentucky and they said they couldn't even investigate it without a trace number, but since neither my bank nor my provider's bank claims to have charged me, there is no information. This happened before one other time - I've decided to stop writing checks off the account since fees cannot be traced...it seems that any bank can charge me any fees they want without notice or record.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2015 04:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/pnc-health-savings-account/-/pnc-health-savings-account-fifth-third-bank-bank-of-kentucky-exorbitant-fees-charged-on-1200934. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content