Complaint Review: PNC

• Updated: Tue, December 25, 2007
  • Reported By: Finleyvile Pennsylvania
  • PNC

PITTSBURGH, Pennsylvania

PNC has ben reported to the consumer affairs department, state banking authority, state of PA for allegations of questionable banking practices in that they allegedly have 'deliberately and with forethought created large amounts of rules so that consumers have to slog through several pages of legaleze'
I once was a PNC customer until I found all of the consumer complaints listed against them. They tried to whack me $600 in fees in one month until I refused to pay them. They then of course turned me into a collection agency,and then my attorney took care of the rest. I guess when you call in the lawyers that I did (large law firm also based in Pittsburgh) PNC suddenly lost interest in my paltry $600. I could have resolved this through their customer service folks, but they were really rude. I tried to be pleasant and treat them like I would like to be treated, but they all must have been having a really bad year. I spoke with 5 different ones, and they were really nasty to me.

I have noticed that they are really pouring on the advertising in our local area for new customers, which tells me that they may be losing a lot more than just a few customers here and there. AS far as the 'rebuttal' of the PNC employee, you are wrong, NOT ALL BANKS CHARGE $50 termination fe.
WE have no less than 10 different banks in this area, and PNC IS THE ONLY BANK TO CHARGE THIS FEE!

Gene
Finleyvile, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2007 06:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/pnc/pittsburgh-pennsylvania-15220/pnc-fraud-pittsburgh-pennsylvania-294263. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Let me make sure I have this right...

AUTHOR: Striderq - (U.S.A.)

Some one filed a complaint over the bank having rules/policies and providing them to the customer so that the customer would know how their account with the bank would be handled???
Or is the complaint that the bank expected you to read the rules/policies??? Gee, just be like the rest of the sheep and throw it away and then you can complain when the company follows the rules/policies that you were never told.

And to keep you from throwing a false accusation: I do NOT work for PNC.