Complaint Review: PODS

• Reported By: Nathan — Seattle Washington USA
  • PODS

Nationwide
    USA

PODS PODS Moving and Storage dropped our POD and broke all of our furniture Nationwide

On a cross-country move from Boston to Seattle, PODS managed to drop our whole POD from a pretty decent height before it even left the Wilmington depot. It was so bad they had to move (what was left of) our stuff to a new POD since the old one was broken. We had an adjuster come out and look at everything, and basically all of our furniture, paintings, and even our mattress (~$20k total) were trashed.

They even messed up our insurance, quoting me 20k but only providing me 15k, and have said that I won't get a refund of even part of our $4,800 fee since they "still provided a service". I feel like we would have been better served just tossing our stuff randomly in a moving truck and hoping for the best. Terrible company, and I will recommend everyone avoid them like the plague.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2016 04:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/pods/nationwide/pods-pods-moving-and-storage-dropped-our-pod-and-broke-all-of-our-furniture-nationwide-1301291. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content