Complaint Review: Poetry.com

• Reported By: Baltimore Maryland
  • Poetry.com
    poetry.com
    Owings Mills, Maryland

Poetry.com, International Library Of Poetry ripoff, sells you your own poetry. Everybody is a winner no matter how bad you are. Owings Mills Maryland

I entered a poetry contest where I could win up to 58,000 dollars. I was notified that I was a winner and invited to the national convention in Washington DC.

I had to purchase a copy of the book in order to get a published copy of my poem. I was also asked if my poem could be placed on CD. I had to purchase the CD, at discount price if I wanted to hear my poem.

I went to the convention $650 entrance fee.
There I found that everyone that submitted a poem was a winner and had been sent the same letter. I enjoyed myself with the other poets but I think Poetry.com made millions of dollars for the small amount they gave away and for all of us who purchased books so we could see our poem in print.

They make money from your poetry! NOT YOU!

Patricia B
Baltimore, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2004 07:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/poetrycom/owings-mills-maryland/poetrycom-international-library-of-poetry-ripoff-sells-you-your-own-poetry-everybody-i-99415. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content