Complaint Review: POLARIS STAR CARD, Aka RETAIL SERVICES, Aka HSBC, Aka CITIFINANCIAL

• Submitted: Tue, January 15, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, January 17, 2008
  • Reported By: Heber Arizona
  • POLARIS STAR CARD, Aka RETAIL SERVICES, Aka HSBC, Aka CITIFINANCIAL
    P O Box 60107, And, P O Box 15521
    City Of Industry,and Wilmington, Delaware, California

POLARIS STAR CARD, Aka RETAIL SERVICES, Aka, HSBC,(in Conjunction W/ SHOW LOW MOTOR SPORTS) LIED TO,told could pay as much extra as desired on $49 per mo., sent$100 they kept it, sent $70, kept it, MAJOR THIEVES! City Of Industry,and Wilmington, Delaware California, Delaware

*UPDATE Employee: ummmm

Ripoff it's the american way nowadays, i went to buy a quad from SHOWLOW MOTOR SPORTS in Showlow, AZ. Chose the $49.00 a month payment until Jan. 2009, was told I could send as much extra as i wanted w/ no problems.

The first payment i sent was $100.00, they put all but $20 and change to interest, I called and was told, "Oh, that's just for the 1st payment, all the rest the extra will go to principal", some sort of unknown charges that I didn't understand,(she spoke that broken english, (ya know), so I bit the bullet and said, "you are sure that if I send extra from now on, it will, (all the extra), go towards the price of the quad, right??? Oh, yes for sure. Next payment I sent $70.00, the thieving bastards put all but twenty something, AGAIN, to interest. So now I am just sending the $49.00 until I can get it refinanced with someone Legitimate, who is not a lying, cheating, bunch of punks, thieves, corrupt crooks and cowards who if you could ever find on the street,,,,, hell with it they're not worth wasting my time on, they can't make an honest living, so whatever...

Billy
Heber, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2008 12:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/polaris-star-card-aka-retail-services-aka-hsbc-aka-citifinancial/city-of-industryand-wilmington-delaware-california-91716/polaris-star-card-aka-retail-services-aka-hsbcin-conjunction-w-show-low-motor-sports-300237. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
4Consumer
0Employee/Owner

AUTHOR: Viennasound - (U.S.A.)

Your loan documents state that it is interest free until jan. 2009? They cannot break terms of that agreement unless you broke terms of that agreement. as in defaulting on the loan payment.

Also, I do not know about Polaris as we have one in our home town that is in no way, shape or form related to us but where do you get that Citifinancial is related to HSBC? On top of that, even if there was a buyout, Citifinancial is a loan company that in your case would not be interest free, would have a set term and payment. they do not do interest free anything. You may have wanted to say Citifinancial Retail Services which is completely different from Citifinancial but as far as I know, still has nothing to do with Citifinancial.

Anytime I do a loan for someone who has never had a loan with Citifinancial but has had a Citifinancial Retail Credit card, it is coined as a Sales Finance Conversion. basically a person who has converted from a revolving credit card to an installment loan. 3 out of 4 people I do loans for have some sort of HSBC card (or had) and we have no affiliation for any type of conversion. Furthermore, we have no direct connection with the other members of Citigroup (Citimortgage, Citicard.) but if someone has a huge problem and we need to be the middle people since it is OBVIOUS we are related, we have an employee line to get to them, HSBC is not listed. at all. I cant even think of an affiliate other than Smith Barney for a thousand miles that doesn't have the word Citi in their name