Complaint Review: Power Home Technologies Vector Security

• Reported By: Stem North Carolina
  • Power Home Technologies Vector Security
    4905 Green Road, Suite 107-A
    Raleigh, North Carolina

Power Home Technologies Vector Security Shady Business Practices Illegal billing practices?? Raleigh North Carolina

Originally when I signed up for the security service, I signed up for auto draft so Vector would automatically be paid. Apparently sometime late last year, my bank put a "hold" on the draft for a couple of days and did not release the funds immedietely. Although they were paid a couple days later, Vector canceled my service and sent me into collections. Accordding to them, this bank error allows them to collect three years of monthly service fees when I have only had 4 months of service at that time. Which would aggrevate me, but I would deal with were it not for the fact that they have informed me they do not intend to provide alarm service during the next 2 years 8 months. So I will pay for a service I will not be getting.

Add to that the fact that they have sold this debt without ever notifing me that they had stopped drafting my bank. I have spent the past 8 months assuming they were drafting my account becasue my alarm service has continued. Imagine my surprise when I received a collection letter out of the blue! Vector claims they attempted to contact me via mail but did not have my correct address. I was quite surprised by this since they have come out for three service calls during the last year--and did not mention during any of these visits that they were having billing issues.

And THEN, when I bit my tongue and agreed to pay for the 3 years of "non-service", I was shocked when they told me they would not accept my payment. Instead I was told I will have to take a loan out with a partner company of theirs to pay for the "non-service" and I would assume a high interest rate as well. Overall, I find this all very shady and I would love to know if anyone else has encountered issues with this company.

Kimberly
Stem, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2008 04:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/power-home-technologies-vector-security/raleigh-north-carolina-27616/power-home-technologies-vector-security-shady-business-practices-illegal-billing-practices-349369. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content