Complaint Review: Premier Benefits

• Reported By: Montgomery Village Maryland
  • Premier Benefits
    1442 E. Lincoln Ave., PO Box 361
    Orange, California

I was phoned and was offered $200 in coupons, free movie tickets and savings on various name brand products and groceries. I was then told to cover shipping of the info/materials I would have to pay $3.95 which then turned into $3.95 for 3 different packages after being asked to send a check within 5-7 days. They wanted to know the check and routing # I would send. I was told that I could cancell within 7-10 days after receving the info in the mail before I would be billed.

The very next day I was phoned again being told they did not get all the proper info required to process everything. At this point I said no thank you I am no longer interested please don't send me anything but yet they tell me the mailing has already gone out. I called the next day or so to make sure my membership would be cancelled and to make sur nothing more would be deducted from my account. I was given 3 confirmation numbers and told that was the only way to referr back to the cancelled order. Within a matter of days my account was deducted $119.90. I phoned and explained the matter and was told my membership began when I spoke to the representative the first time. Yet I persisently argued I was told I had 7-10 days to cancell but they conveniently deducted on the 6TH day. I have made several/many calls and was even sent a form to sign authorizing them to send me a check. Isn't that funny I thought. This is since October 2004 and I still call to document.

Trina
Montgomery Village, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2005 05:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/premier-benefits/orange-california-92865/premier-benefits-teleophone-fast-talking-ripoff-reassures-will-get-your-money-back-sike-154465. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
5Consumer
0Employee/Owner

AUTHOR: Trina - (U.S.A.)

I can no longer reach theses decietful people by telephone and don't know how to proceed next. My husband says give it up, but it is the principle of the matter. I feel financially raped.

5 Months Later

AUTHOR: Trina - (U.S.A.)

It's been five months since I filed my conplaint at Rip Off Report, The FTC and The Better Business Bureau. I just can't seem to get my money back. How is it that my money was taken in November 2004, I canceled and no services were given to me but yet there is no mandate to make these people give me back what I am owed. After three years will it happen. Do I need to consult a lawery over $119? I need help!!! The bank won't refund my money either because I waited untill May 2005 to file the complaint. I thought I could just deal with the company to refund as they said, but no such luck. I have learned that as soon as you see a charge from a company, call the bank right away so at least it is on record and to cover yourself. apparently companies can do what they choose with no actions taken against them unless an enormous amount of individuals get together for a large law suit.