Complaint Review: Prestige Financial

• Reported By: Phoenix Arizona
  • Prestige Financial
    1420 South 500 West 84115
    Salt Lake, Utah

Prestige Financial UN-AUTHORIZED DEBIT CARD USAGE TO PAY INTO AN ACCOUNT NOT BELONGING TO ME! Salt Lake Utah

My bank drew to my attention that I was overdrawn in my checking account. I have never ever been overdrawn (40+ years). I checked my account and to my surprised I was indeed overdrawn by a considerable amount. Come to find out that, the overdraft was caused by a significant debit withdrawal from my account by Prestige Financial without my consent or knowledge. I assume they obtained my debit card number from one of their loan clients, since the card was in my possession! A three way call with my bank, Prestige and me proved that I had no account(s) with them. Normally, I would put it down as an error, but I have heard and personally experienced from a friend that their operations and collection methods (even though might be legal) leave a lot to be desired leaving people in distress.

Reader is invited to check other complains by other consumers. I will eventually get my money back but I wonder how many other people are out there who have been done/treated wrong by this company and can't do anyhting about it! I wish someone would investigate the practices and account procedures of this company.I guess they (Prestige) are aware of the cost so they can operate like a lose cannon..

George
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2008 07:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/prestige-financial/salt-lake-utah-844-2100/prestige-financial-un-authorized-debit-card-usage-to-pay-into-an-account-not-belonging-to-327620. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content