Complaint Review: PRICELINE, PRICELINE.COM - NAME YOUR OWN PRICE

• Reported By: Curt Nielsen — Anchorage Alaska United States of America
  • PRICELINE, PRICELINE.COM - NAME YOUR OWN PRICE

Internet
    United States of America

PRICELINE, PRICELINE.COM - NAME YOUR OWN PRICE RENTAL CAR NOT USED DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR CONTROL AND WOULD NOT REFUND THE MONEY Internet

I had rented a car thru priceline, I understood no refunds but it was not clear if it was beyond my control.  I am a truck driver and I got caught in a road closure and missed my flight.

There was no other flights available that could get me to the destination I needed to be at in time for the meeting.  I called Priceline and ask for a travel voucher not even a refund to use at a later date and they said sorry about your luck. They would not let me talk to a manager and would not give me their name when ask.

Priceline told me the rental car company would not give the money back.  I called National and they said Priceline would not pay them because I had to cancel and if I had gone direct they always tive the money back.

So Priceline took the $500.00 for 5 mins of paperwork . i learned my lesson go direct with the rental car company.

I do not want this to happen to anyone else.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2010 09:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/priceline-pricelinecom-name-your-own-price/internet/priceline-pricelinecom-name-your-own-price-rental-car-not-used-due-to-circumstances-b-629783. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content