Complaint Review: PriceLine

• Reported By: Traveler — Florida USA
  • PriceLine

Nationwide
    USA

PriceLine Price Line Demands Payment for Hotel reservation They Cancelled Nationwide

Through my bank, in March I disputed an upcoming Price Line Hotel charge for Barcelona in Nov 2017 because they did not honor their own price guarantee. The charge amount was reversed on my April credit card statement nd I thought the matter was laid to rest. I even went so far as to destroy all the documents I sent to the Bank in support of my dispute.

Today (July 10) I got a letter from my bank dated June 27, 2017, that the dispute has been resolved-in Price Line's favor and the charge will be put back on my ledger. Since I now had to pay for the hotel I decided I needed to stay there and get the reservation information from the PL website. What I found today was that the reservation was cancelled.

I called both my bank and PriceLine. The final discussion with PriceLine (with the Bank rep also on the phone) was recorded by me after I announced that to all concerned

I was told by "Ace" of the PL refund dept that even tho PL cancelled the reservation at the time of my dispute (March), the room is not available and I was still obligated to pay for it.

There is nothing in the rebuttal information sent by their advocate to my bank that indicates they will cancel any disputed matter and hold the purchaser responsible. How does a company expect someone to pay for services not provided?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2017 03:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/priceline/nationwide/priceline-price-line-demands-payment-for-hotel-reservation-they-cancelled-nationwide-1384489. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content