Complaint Review: Priceline.com

• Reported By: Do the right thing — Northern Virginia
  • Priceline.com

Internet
    USA

Priceline.com and the Negotiator Defrauded me Deceptive Untruthful Stealing Fraud Liars Virtual - Internat Internet

I went to the Priceline.com website to check for low-cost options for a trip to Orlando in January 2015. Priceline prompted me for my travel requirements as usual. I completed the information as I have in the past and submitted my requirements. I was presented with what appeared to be a good price for my 4 tickets, in this case combined with my rental car as a package.  I accepted the deal and was presented shortly thereafter with a completely useless itinerary departing at the end of the first day of travelk and returning at the crack of dawn on the last day of the trip.

Priceline.com is less than specific, but in this case, the problem came up when I contacted Priceline about the useless tickets. The Priceline representative told me that they could do nothing about the reservation because I have booked it as a "name you own price" deal. I had done no such thing.

Despite my attempts to resolve this booking, Priceline's representative went on like a broken record saying how sorry she was. This was useless and disingenuous as well. I asked to speak with a supervisor and I was not transferred, but instead assured that a conversation with a supervisor would yeild the same result.

Priceline's assertion that I had booked a "name your own price" reservation amounts to fraud. Their practices are deceptive and intended to harm consumers. If someone walked into a convenience store and stole over a thousand dollars, it would be a criminal act. Priceline does this by hiding behind broken and unfari policies at will.

I am disputing the charges through my credit card company and I encourange others to do the same when Priceline personnel and their system steal your hard-earned income in this way.

As for me, I will never use Priceline.com again. I encourage readers to look elsewhere for airfare deals when needed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2014 02:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/pricelinecom/internet/pricelinecom-and-the-negotiator-defrauded-me-deceptive-untruthful-stealing-fraud-liars-1175325. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content