Complaint Review: Priceline.com

Internet
    USA

Priceline.com BUYER BEWARE - Do Not Use Priceline.com  Internet

Buyer Beware!!!

Situation - Booked a rental car with Hertz thru Priceline.com.  My daughter and I were flying into St Louis 5/16/13.  I listed her as the driver; I was listed as the payor.

I am clearly listed as the guarantor of payment (my credit card etc).  My daughter had to cancel the trip due to a death in her family.

I called Hertz to have my name put as the driver. No can do! With Priceline...once the reservation is made - no changes can be made.  Priceline says, have my daughter pick up the car and add me as a second driver.  Huh?  Didn't I just tell them she was no longer coming with me?   Hertz says call Priceline...

Called Priceline - explained the situation.  I only needed the driver to be changed to my name. No can do! Once the reservation is made - no changes can be made.

This was a minor request.  It wasn't as if I was a new person asking to be listed as the driver.  I was on the reservation already under Billing Name.

$180.00 lost!! by me...gained by Priceline.com & Hertz

Wonder how much $$$ are pocketed and or kicked back to these types of companies.

I feel like such a sucker!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2013 09:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/pricelinecom/internet/pricelinecom-buyer-beware-do-not-use-pricelinecomnbsp-internet-1052322. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content