Complaint Review: priceline.com

• Reported By: Xinhua Fahy — Rancho Santa Fe California
  • priceline.com

Internet
    USA

priceline.com failed to inform us of acquiring visa while taking international airline Internet

*Consumer Comment: Priceline is NOT at fault.

I purchased two air tickets from priceline.com departing from Hong Kong airport to San diego international airport on June 12 for my parents. They arrive 3 hours in advace to Hong Kong airport to check in. Cathy airline checked in their luggges and let them wait. One hour later, my parents were told they can not aboard the Japanese airline because they do not have Japanese visa which we were never notified to get.

My parents have all the other documents requied to aboard the international flight. They are Chinese citizen with US green card.

I have contacted priceline.com four times and Japanese airline two times from June 13 to June 18.

I ask them if they can extend these two air tickets for a year, I was told that Japanese airline would only extend to june 13 which is too late for my parents since it is already in the afternoon in China time when i got this message.

When i contacted Japanese airline, they told me it has nothing to do with them any more, any dispute should be solved with priceline.com.

The priceline.com failed to inform us to acquire Japanese visa, as a result, my parents can not abord Japanese airline.

Their priceline trip number is 174-396-450-42. The confirmaion number with Japanese airline is MD8NLK.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2014 04:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/pricelinecom/internet/pricelinecom-failed-to-inform-us-of-acquiring-visa-while-taking-international-airline-in-1156104. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Priceline is NOT at fault.

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Priceline is not at at fault, the Travel Agent who booked your tickets is the one you need to place the blame on.  Oh...YOU booked the tickets...whoops..sorry guess you made a boo boo.

- Yea but the one piece they were missing is enough to keep them off of the flight.

When you book travel and act as your own Travel Agent, which IS what you did, YOU take on the responsibility for knowing ALL of the documentation requirements.  Yes, this includes any visa requirements.  Since you failed to verify their documentation, when they showed up they are denied boarding.  And as much as you hate to hear this, because it is not the airlines fault the airline is under zero obligation to do anything for you.