Report: #119829

• Reported By: Anderson South Carolina
    Priceline.com
    Internet

Priceline.com Ripoff Deceptive practices Uncaring Internet

We had a 5 day family trip planned for Disneyworld. We decided to go to Florida a few days early and relax before Disney. We decide to visit the Tampa/St.Pete area this time, because we usually go to the Daytona area.
I decided to try Priceline.com instead of Travelocity.com. That was a huge mistake on my part; I have never had any trouble with Travelocity.com. I quoted the price I wanted to pay for a romm in the area I wanted to stay (on the beach) and was rejected several times.

Once I got to within $10 of the price quoted on Travelocity.com it was accepted. However, when it showed me the hotel it was some budget hotel 9 miles from the beach.

When I called the "customer service" number I was basically told too bad no refunds. I tried to explain that the hotel given to me was no where close to what I wanted the "customer service" rep explained that nothing was gaurenteed and that they got me as close to where I wanted as they could get me.

Well, the hotel wasn't acceptable so I had to "eat" 2 hotel rooms for 2 nights. I ended up using Travelocity.com and got exactly what I wanted where I wanted.

Matt
Anderson, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2004 08:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/pricelinecom/internet/pricelinecom-ripoff-deceptive-practices-uncaring-internet-119829. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content