Complaint Review: Priceline.com

• Priceline.com

Internet
    USA

Priceline.com Took money. Refused to help resolve issue with tickets. Internet

*Author of original report: Priceline finally allowed me to cancel.

*Consumer Comment: You agreed to it.

I used Priceline's "Name your own price" to purchase three airline tickets. I entered the info they requested and figured that I would be shown a few options to choose from. I was not. They booked me 3 tickets and charged my card. In fact, I am pretty sure they sold me the worst tickets available. 8 hours for a 3 hour flight, being re-routed all around the country. The flight arrived at 11:55pm on 3/23, and I needed to be checked in to the hotel on the 23rd, or I would not be eligible for the reduced rate that I had booked.

I called and asked to change or cancel the tickets, but the customer service agent would not help. The accent was so strong that I asked to be transferred to a supervisor. The supervisor's accent was worse. I had to ask him to constantly repeat himself. After trying to negotiate with him, he told me that they would do nothing to help. I asked to speak to his supervisor, and he refused, saying that he held the highest position. I began to get frustrated and told him that I would never be using Priceline again, and he told me that was fine, and then hung up on me.

Overall, their reduced rate saved me $45 ($15 on each ticket), but cost me 5 hours in the air, and a missed day of vacation.

Do not use this company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2015 07:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/pricelinecom/internet/pricelinecom-took-money-refused-to-help-resolve-issue-with-tickets-internet-1215393. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Priceline finally allowed me to cancel.

AUTHOR: - ()

Priceline did allow me to cancel the reservation after contacting a higher customer service division.  There was a $30 per ticket fee, but well worth it.

Thank you Priceline, for making it right.

You agreed to it.

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

You figured wrong, nothing on their Name Your Own Price pages would indicate that.

I am pretty sure they sold me the worst tickets available

- Guess what, they probably did.  Because those are probably the tickets that no one else wants.  But also guess what...YOU AGREED TO IT.

When you do the "Name your own Price" you MUST agree to the terms that include acknowledging that you are aware that you will not be notified of your exact itinerary or airline until AFTER your card is charged.  There is NOTHING that says you are given a choice.

You also agree that your flight will depart between 6AM and 10PM, that you will arrive before 12:30AM the next day.

You also agreed that the flight chosen for you is NON-REFUNDABLE, NON-TRANSFERABLE, and NON-CANCELABLE.

You agreed that if they find an airline to accept your price your card will be charged immediatly.

But the biggest thing.  Unlike other sites, it is not just a checkbox or a button you click saying you accept the terms.  They require you to enter in your initials that said you have read and agree to be bound by their terms.  So hardly a case where you can come back later and say you didn't know.