Complaint Review: Priceline.com

• Reported By: Brenda — Flat Rock North Carolina
  • Priceline.com

Nationwide
    USA

Priceline.com false advertisement-offered one price and charged another, offered $50 credit for openning CC account but didn't apply it to my purchase as stated, price guarantee misleading and each agent I talked to had a different description of the guarantee. worldwide

The Priceline.com website advertised a price of $512. for the ticket I wanted and after I filled out everything for the resevation the price showed up as $550.

During the reservation process they offered a "$50 credit on this purchase" if you applied for their Priceline.com credit card. I applied for the card and a message came beck that the application was being processed and I would be notified. I did not recieve the credit and I have never been notified.

30 hours after I made my reservation I found the exact flight on the Priceline website and it was $60 cheaper. I have spoken to 3 different agents to request a credit. They can not issue any credits in the system because it is over the 24 or 26 hour time frame. Not sure if it is 24 or 26 or 28 hrs, each agent had a different time frame.

I have recieved different excusses from each agent I have spoken to. Each quoted a different set of rules. Different reasons for the time frame of the guarantee, different reasons for not being issued the credit for applying for the Priceline credit card, and different explainations of why the prices posted on the site are different than the prices you are charged.

This company is getting away with an openly display of fraud and misrepresentation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2014 04:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/pricelinecom/nationwide/pricelinecom-false-advertisement-offered-one-price-and-charged-another-offered-50-cred-1177251. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content