Complaint Review: Privacy Matters 1-2-3 - privacymatters123.com - Classmates.com

• Submitted: Wed, April 15, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, April 15, 2009
  • Reported By: Salt Lake City Utah
  • Privacy Matters 1-2-3 - privacymatters123.com - Classmates.com
    www.privacymatters123.com
    Internet

Privacy Matters 1-2-3 Ripped Me Off Through Classmates.com I opened the site to look at what was offered. I didn't accept the trial period. Internet

After purchasing a membership on Classmates.com, a pop-up appeared offering Privacy Matters 1-2-3. I opened the website to see what they were offering and looked it over. I had just given classmates.com my debit card number for the membership, so I feel they are some how connected. I didn't accept the trial period because I already have credit protection and didn't need this.

Therefore, when I noticed the charge on my card, I called my credit union and they gave me the name of the company. I then called Privacy Matters and told them I hadn't ordered it and wanted it cancelled.

Now, two weeks later, the charge hasn't been recredited to my account. I called again and asked why. They told me it was because I told them to cancel my membership, but I didn't tell them to credit it back to me. I will file a complaint with Consumer Protection if I don't have the money back in my account by Monday, April the 20th.

Beverleyjane
Salt Lake City, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2009 04:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/privacy-matters-1-2-3-privacymatters123com-classmatescom/internet/privacy-matters-1-2-3-ripped-me-off-through-classmatescom-i-opened-the-site-to-look-at-wh-443906. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content