Complaint Review: Privacy Matters 123

• Reported By: powell Ohio
  • Privacy Matters 123
    privacymatters123.com
    Des Plaines, Illinois

Privacy Matters 123 Privacy Matters stole my info through a "pop up banner" that I never saw. SCAM, SCAM, SCAM Des Plaines Illinois

*Consumer Comment: please keep us posted!

I joined a free trial of Classmates.com. After checking my credit card statement I was confused to see a company called "Privacy Matters" with a charge of $19.95. I googled them and found a bunch of complaints on them somehow obtaining peoples info and charging them. Well I called them today and told them I don't know who they are or how they got my info but I want it refunded NOW.

"Eric" told me when I joined Classmates a banner popped up offering a 7-day free trial to their product and I clicked it then "failed to cancel my membership in time"

What a scam!! I told him I NEVER saw the banner and this is a scam. He assured me I would be refunded within 2 days. I will be checking it. After all the complaints online I found I don't understand how this company is still up and running. Classmates should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this shady practice through their website...

Kelly
powell, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2009 01:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/privacy-matters-123/des-plaines-illinois-60017/privacy-matters-123-privacy-matters-stole-my-info-through-a-pop-up-banner-that-i-never-s-455407. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

please keep us posted!

AUTHOR: Albhpixie - (U.S.A.)

i am doing the same thing and would like to know if you get your refund.