Complaint Review: Privacymatters123

• Reported By: Millsboro Delaware
  • Privacymatters123
    www.privacymatters123.com
    Internet

I signed up for Classmates.com last week. I've had the free membership for a few years and had received some messages from some people I went to high school with, but of course, with the free membership, you have access to very little info. They had cut their usual 39.95 price down to 19.95, so I thought it might be worth it.

They billed my Visa debit card 19.95, as per the ad.

About a week later I saw another charge of 19.95 posted on my checking account. After a little research I found that this wasn't Classmates, but a company called Privacymatters123.com . I plugged their name into Google and found that they are a credit monitoring service that charges 19.95 per month to "monitor" my credit, whatever that means.

I have never pulled a credit report from the internet, never signed up for any service.

When I called Privacymatters123.com they said that their service was 19.95 per month and that I signed up for it on Classmates.com when I took a "Credit Survey" on the site. Bullsh_t!!...I never take "surveys" on the internet...never have, never will. I very rarely even get any spam. I'm real careful on the internet, mainly because of predators like this.

A little more investigation told me that this is a regular practice for Classmates and this company. I assume Classmates.com sells your info to Privacymatters123.com . If I were not careful about monitoring my checking account, this practice would have continued month after month, a cost of $240 per year.

I have since canceled my debit card and reported them to 3 outside agencies. There are tons of negative reports about these people.

Mike
Millsboro, Delaware

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2009 08:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/privacymatters123/internet/privacymatters123-ripped-me-off-when-i-signed-up-for-classmatescom-internet-450586. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Privacymatters123 did refund my money

AUTHOR: Mikefromdel - (U.S.A.)

I still don't like the way they took my money without my authorization, but, I must report, they did refund the $19.95 to my debit account in a timely manner. This helps make it all better, but they never should have taken the money in the first place.

not just classmates the one called my life was renions

AUTHOR: Elsa Childers - (U.S.A.)

i know how u feel. but whats worse they dont do as they save i had 13 serches they couldnt find a one yet when payment was due recived email we found ya da yada. there all alike phonys. i know that they get info as i had gone to court house on here to find info, and before the eve over i recived email we found this or that oh someone is looking for u. its all b.
dont pay any of them. i had paid for 3 months and lthey were going to recharge account in 3 months to renew (automatic)with or with out my ok, i said oh no cancel this . watch out i know they took me cause i never even looked to credit cards.good luck