Complaint Review: Progressive Relocation
Progressive Relocation Company is a BROKER- had a very bad cross-country move!! Pembroke Pines Florida
Although my complaint list is long, I will try to keep it as short as possible. Obviously I am not satisfied with my move with them, and here are the reasons why:
1. They claim they are not brokers, yet both the drivers who picked up my things, which were both from different companies, called them brokers. When I asked them about this they told me the drivers were wrong, that they are NOT brokers, that the companies are "sister companies." I know at least two different companies handled my things, if not more. I was originally told it was one company (Progressive Relocation) who handled everything. If I would have known that this wasn't the case I 100% would not have booked them. Also as other people have stated, the movers arrived in unmarked vans, and the men who picked up my items barely spoke English as well.
2. Because they "are not brokers" they would not price match any company I had a lower quote from, even though they originally stated they do price match. This is more of an annoyance because if I knew what a hassle it would have been I would have gone with another company.
3. I was originally told my things would arrive on the 25th of June. They ended up arriving on the 9th of July. When I tried to get in contact with Progressive Movers, their only excuse was that it was in storage in Chicago, which again I was told that it would be a straight trip without storage, and they had to wait to a full truck. I was never told this ahead of time. I had planned for my things to get here in one week and instead they came three weeks later. They took no responsibility for my things being late. They were also one day late in picking my things up, which was more of a hassle for my father who was meeting them at the storage.
4. They told me they would contact me 2-3 days before my things arrived in California. They didn't contact me until 3 HOURS before they arrived. We were on our way across the country with my car. Luckily the driver was nice enough to deliver the next morning when we were back.
5. The company did not estimate anything right. When the movers arrived at the pickup place, they told me (over the phone) that it would be an additional 700 dollars to pack "all the extra things" even though they were things I had originally listed. They also wanted to charge for packing things, taping things, which I were told were part of the estimate. I was able to talk them down to 250 dollars extra but I am still not pleased that I had to pay that extra. Then, when my things arrived here, I was told it was going to be an additional 450 dollars to deliver the items from 75 ft of the truck and up a flight of stairs, although I told the company that I was moving to a second story. I didn't have that extra money, as again, I had just moved across the country. Fortunately they were able to take down the price and my fiance was able to get some money out of savings to help.
6. The company originally told me to pay both payments in cashier's check, so before I left Ohio I got two cashier's checks. I found out the morning of my things arriving that it had to be cash or postal order, so in order to cash my own cashier's check I lost 50 dollars. When I called the company and complained they said it was my fault because its on the contract- not their contract of course, but the movers which my dad signed for me back in Ohio since I was here already.
7. Their customer service is awful. When I first called, all the sales people and managers were pushy and stepped around my questions, yet I decided to go with them based on their reviews and BBB standings. They were also hard to understand sometimes, as if they were calling from a loud warehouse. My 'salesperson' has dropped off the face of the earth since I had my down-payment, and will not answer emails or every time I call to specifically talk to him he is 'on the other line' or 'out of the office.' Their management and customer service people have been pushy, rude, and inconsiderate. They are not taking any kind of responsibility for how awful this move has been, and instead say it is my fault. Again, if I would have known how awful this company would have been to deal with I never would have booked them.
8. I have been trying to get ahold of them about missing and damaged items. They have not been able to help thus far. I have filed a claims report, but it has been months and I haven't heard anything back. I am missing a 100 year old art easel that was handed down to me from my great grandmother, but because it "wasn't tagged" they cannot find it.
9. Whoever packed the truck that dropped off my things did not pack it well- the movers had to take many things out just to get to my things. The whole process took about 5 hours for about 100 boxes of things. They also asked my fiance to help the whole time (do keep in mind, this is in 90 plus degree weather and my fiance does not do manual labor for a living) because I wasn't able to pay the full amount for them "taking it up the stairs." While I am glad he helped out, I had specifically paid the movers to move the things so we wouldn't have to.
Overall, it was an awful move. I have filed a complaint with the BBB (which for note, they are NOT accredited with) and am filling out several reviews online. I am not sure if anything will ever come of this, but I do not want anyone else to make the same mistake that I did and book them for their move.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2013 10:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/progressive-relocation/pembroke-pines-florida-33025/progressive-relocation-company-is-a-broker-had-a-very-bad-cross-country-move-pembroke-1079451. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here: