Complaint Review: Protect America, Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, April 02, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, April 03, 2009
  • Reported By: San Carlos California
  • Protect America, Inc.
    5100 I H 35 N Ste B
    Round Rock, Texas

Protect America, Inc. Great Alarm Company? Bad Alarm company experience! Protect America Bad Choice for Alarm Companies! Round Rock Texas

*Author of original report: Refunded my "buyout" charge

Consumer Alert: Protect America, Inc. uses deceptive marketing, small print contracts with unreasonable clauses, and "buyout terms" if you have their service and want to stop it even if you have passed the initial contract period! It was the worst customer service experience I have ever had in my life. They value their contract and their $175.00 more than an awful customer experience.

There has to be a better choice for anyone who wants to get an alarm with a monitoring service. Protect America is an awful choice. The system failed many times and police arrived to 2 false alarms. I never used after that. I just waited for the end of my contract. Guess what that was too late to cancel! Who would have thought! I called earlier in the year and was told to wait until the end of my contract. They told me they did not see that in the notes and I signed in 5 different places that I had to cancel 2 months prior to the end of the contract.

Do not use Protect America! Post this warning everywhere. Send it out to you email list. I will! What is the price of 1 let a lone 100's of unhappy customers? It has to be great! Don't give up on Protect America until they are out of business. I won't and as I told them on the phone, I know there has to be others who you have had this problem with. I found a lot of them on this website and others!

Plus many others- I will blog about this and I will do it often. They should have just let me out of the contract. If I can't cost them 10 times that amount I won't be satisfied. What a problem company. Protect America problems should be the title of my posts. Protect America Service was awful also. I will be heard!

William
San Carlos, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2009 04:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/protect-america-inc/round-rock-texas-78681-2407/protect-america-inc-great-alarm-company-bad-alarm-company-experience-protect-america-440289. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

AUTHOR: William - (U.S.A.)

I was notified this morning that my "buyout" charge would be refunded. I had contacted the execuitves at the company and they promptly issued a refund to the charge as a one time exception. The issue has been resolved to my satisfaction.