Complaint Review: Providian Financial

• Providian Financial
    Po Box 9007
    Pleasanton, California

Providian ripoff Internet Nationwide

About 2 years ago I got a phone call form a company called Providian. They wanted to congragulate me on being a card holder and i have a chance at winning a $10,000 cash prize.

They wanted me to order magazines, i said no thanks and hung up. Some how i started getting 14 different magazines in the mail and my card was being charge $66.65 a month on my visa.

When i called Providian i was told to call the magazine company. I did that and they told me the opposite. About a month ago i was reading in cosmo about a class action lawsuite against many different magazines.
By the time i read the lawsuit it was to late to "put" my name in it. Now here i sit having to pay a total of 799.80 for all of these magazines that i do not even read.

drew
lewiston, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2003 08:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/providian-financial/pleasanton-california-94566/providian-ripoff-internet-nationwide-51421. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content