Report: #232077

Pleasanton, California
  • Phone: 800-7887000
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Providian National Bank, Washington Mutual Settled account, billed fist of two payments, sold my account to collection agency Pleasanton California

On May 10,2005 I received a letter from Providian National Bank confirming a settlement amount of $2229.50. In the letter it stated that I had two payments due, one on 5/31/05, for $1115.00, and the last payment of $1114.50 due on 6/30/05, settling my account. These were two pre-authorized payments from my checking account, the check numbers were not sequential check numbers. On May 31,2005, check #10 was submitted to my bank, and was processed on June 2,2005. Unknown to me, the middle of June 2005, just after Providian cashed my check, my account was sold to Columbus National Trust, who is owned by JPMorgan, who ownes, SST,Tempest Recovery Systems, and Encore. This is Chase Bank.

I have been harrassed for a year and a half, and my credit tarnished. It is next ot imposible to get in touch with Washington Mutual(Providian). I have all my paperwork, and each time I fax it to the bottom feeders they pass my account on. I do not think that I am interested in the WAMU WAY. The very ones who claim to be on the up and up, are the very ones, you should not do business with.

Shana
Peoria, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2007 07:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/providian-national-bank-washington-mutual/pleasanton-california/providian-national-bank-washington-mutual-settled-account-billed-fist-of-two-payments-s-232077. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content