Report: #520025

Complaint Review: PSA DNA Authentication

• Submitted: Thu, November 05, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, November 05, 2009
  • Reported By: Richva64 — Ladysmith Virginia U.S.A.
  • PSA DNA Authentication
    PO Box listed on site
    Newport Beach, California
    United States of America

PSA DNA Authentication Collector's Universe Authentication Decals do not stick to fabric that THEY applied to. Newport Beach, California

I purchased an autographed Sammy Baugh jersey with PSA authentication sticker and certificate of authenticity.  6 months later, the "tamper proof" sticker fell off the product.  I tried to reapply the sticker to no avail.  I contacted the company and they said they their stickers do not fall off, and therefore I would have to pay $10 plus shipping both ways (for a total of $30) to have the item re-authenticated.  Of course, they advertise they put a synthetic DNA on the item to identify it for just such instances.

I have offered to send them all of the reminents of the sticker, but they say I still have to pay them.  Of course, all they have to do is apply a new serial numbered sticker and update their data base.  That means I am paying them for their labor to fix their mistake.

I can assure you I will no longer be using their service since they don't back up their products.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2009 11:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/psa-dna-authentication/newport-beach-california-92658/psa-dna-authentication-collectors-universe-authentication-decals-do-not-stick-to-fabric-t-520025. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content