Complaint Review: PSE&G

• PSE&G
    www.pse&g.com
    Internet
    United States of America

I am writing about my pse&g bill. I keep getting estimated bills totalling $300 a month when I'm living in a 2 bedroom apartment. The owner of the apartment said the meter is outside and pse&g is not reading the meters. My bill right now is $900 and I can't afford to pay it. I was supposed to pay a deposit and was trying to pay that but my bill keeps totaling $300 a month when it's just me and my son and we hardly use the electricity so our bill should be $50 a month. What can I do about this bill? They will be shutting off my service soon because it's too high and they are taking advantage of me. Can I go to court or city hall?  Thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2013 04:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/pseg/internet/pseg-high-bill-internet-996251. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Meters are outside

AUTHOR: Giginav - (United States of America)

The landlord knows they are not reading the meters because she says the meters are outside and no one has ever gotten an estimated bill for 3 months in a row. Plus, the tenant that lived here before me never had a huge bill every month!

How does your landlord know PSE&G is NOT reading your meter?

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Have YOU asked PSE&G? Does it show on all your bills it's an "estimated reading?" It's quite possible it's a smart meter and sends the information to them. If you haven't asked, it's time to do so. Start reading your meter yourself and record the readings. If you don't know how, ask them.