Report: #1319188

• Public Storage

Seattle, Washington
    USA

Public Storage lied about rate hikes and box return policy Seattle Washington

In December 2015, I started looking into getting a storage unit at Public Storage.  I didn't need the unit until mid-January, but there was a promotion at the time for a winter special.  It was important to me that this rate be locked in for the long-term, so I wrote customer service at Public Storage to confirm and they responded:

"Thank you for contacting Public Storage Customer Service.  Yes.  The Winter Holiday Sale is on and many spaces at that location have the 50% off promotion.  With the Winter Holiday Sale the storage unit will be priced at 50% off the regular price for as long as you rent the space."

A few months later my rate increased nearly 30%.  When I explained to the manager at the on-site location what happened, I was told it was out of their hands and that corporate decides rates and rate changes. [continued below]....
.....  I wrote an email to corporate explaining that I was told rates wouldn't be increased and didn't get a response.

I've had several other issues including very basic tasks, like changing my address, not showing up to the move-in appointment (and leaving a sign on the door that says closed due to company meeting), and refunding unused boxes at the time of move-in.

The on-site staff have all been very nice to me, but it was a frustrating experience nonetheless.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2016 09:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/public-storage/seattle-washington/public-storage-lied-about-rate-hikes-and-box-return-policy-seattle-washington-1319188. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content