Complaint Review: Public storage

• Public storage
    6820 Seminole blvd
    semiole, Florida
    USA

Public storage Advertised special for storage is a bait and switch with additional fees not disclosed. I clicked on a advertisement for a 10x20 storage space on 3/9/17 for 125.00 per month.  semiole Florida

I arrived the next day with a trailer full for storage and was met with a property manager saying 1st thing I was lucky he was there, I should have called and made an appointment to move in?? He said the fee is 175.00 per month with a 25.00 discount, I told Steve this is wrong, but I cannot research it now as I have my trailer loaded for the storage and a baby in the truck. Another thing they don't tell anyone is that you must buy their special lock $19.99, a $25.00 administration fee and you must buy insurance on the storage space $11-15 per month and sign and initial forms that you will not bring them to court? I spoke to the District manager twice David Friday and the second time after he tried to resolve this with text messages he called me and was yelling over the phone I should have read the email 1st before coming in and that's it. I asked him to stop yelling as my wife could hear him over my phone and he said he was just using his car phone and he has to talk loud. [continued below]....

.....

Advertised 124.00 on the web, arrived it was 150.00 plus 25.00 admin plus 19.99 lock plus monthly insurance $11-15. Its one big scam, they use so much advertising dollars they push down any complaints.

The district manager says you shouldve read the contract fully and the propterty manager has very little personality, except sit down and sign this and this. And i was lucky i caught him, because he was going out, I didnt know i had to make an appt for storage.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2017 01:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/public-storage/semiole-florida-33772/public-storage-advertised-special-for-storage-is-a-bait-and-switch-with-additional-fees-n-1364749. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content