Complaint Review: PUBLISHERS RENEWAL SERVICE

• PUBLISHERS RENEWAL SERVICE
    1600 CHAMPA STREET
    DENVER, Colorado
    United States of America

PUBLISHERS RENEWAL SERVICE MAGAZINE CONNECTION AFTER INITIAL CONTRACT RIPPED OFF DENVER, Colorado

Back in 2003 I recieved a phone call offering me magazines for 5 years and I would pay $49 a month for 2 years. Sounded like a good deal, they provided the magazines as promised and we paid the $49 a month as promised. In 2005 we were done paying come 2006 we get phone calls stating that the magazines may be calling us to renew their subscriptions and not to do anything with them because we still had two years on our subscriptions.They then said that this would be the last call from them and they wouldn't bother us with this again, then could we hang on to talk to their supervisor. This individual got on and asked how the previous person was on the phone, etc. etc.. Then asked if he could verify our credit card number when I asked why he said to make sure the records were correct, foolishly I did this!!

Next thing I know we are getting billed again, I got with AMEX who got with the company and all was taken care of. A letter from AMEX and another from (I don't even know what they called themselves then). After sitting on these letters for 5 years I shredded them.

Just recently the charges appear on AMEX again, I get in touch with AMEX as all I would get is phone calls from different parts of the country with the same spiel about magazine companies calling, and they would not call me again. After awhile I would hang up or not answer. The charges started AMEX reversed, I get a call from these clowns saying my account is past due! I tell him I am not getting any magazines what magazines are they sending me and he says I will have to call customer service.

Next thing I get in the mail is magazines!! Latina, Maxim, and ESPN !! I'm not prejudice but I have a Polish last name, Latina really ??

The charges to my AMEX were from

' PUBLISHERS RENEWAL SERVICE 10406 Shawnee MSN Parkway Shawnee, KS 66203-3504 I wrote them a letter no response !!

Just yesterday I get a bill from: MAGAZINE CONNECTION 1600 CHAMPA STREET SUITE 350 DENVER, CO. 80202 Bill states there is no past due amount but current charges are $49.98!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2011 06:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/publishers-renewal-service/denver-colorado-80202/publishers-renewal-service-magazine-connection-after-initial-contract-ripped-off-denver-c-804042. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content