Complaint Review: Publishers Renewal Service

• Publishers Renewal Service
    publishersrenewalservice.com
    Internet

Publishers Renewal Service RUDE, BAD SERVICE, RIPOFF! Internet

*Consumer Comment: FEEL YOU'VE BEEN RIPPED OFF???

This company called my home NUMEROUS times (close to 20) in a 3 days period asking for my husband... they called during the day, so like most normal adults he was at work meaning he wasnt home to answer the call.

When the telemarketer would ask for him the children or I would say "no, not home, can we take a message" and the reply was always no and then a hang up... and then the calls started coming in at 7 am and when i would answer they would hang up. I got tired of it waking up the children so i finally called the "customer service" line and spoke with a VERY rude woman who informed me that yes it WAS neccesary to call that often and that early in regards to renewing a magazine subscription.

She stated that the reason we had been getting hang up calls for the last 2 days was because they were having problems with thier outbound call system... and having common sence, i asked "then why do you continue to call people, knowing you are going to hang up on them?" and she hung up on me!!!!

I called back, she answered the phone and hung BACK UP!! so I got my cell phone and called once more, again the same lady answered and told me she would not speak to me becuase i was RUDE... in complete AWE i asked how she could cosider a herself a coustomer service rep when she was hanging up on the customer when they called with concerns.

She FINALLY stayed on the line long enough so i could inform her to take us off of her call list... i would suggest, due to personal experiences, do not do buisness with these people!

Amanda
oklahoam city, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2005 10:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/publishers-renewal-service/internet/publishers-renewal-service-rude-bad-service-ripoff-internet-147913. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

FEEL YOU'VE BEEN RIPPED OFF???

AUTHOR: Steven - (U.S.A.)

I suggest anyone who feels they've been ripped off to contact their local attorney generals office asap. I was being ripped off by Publishers Renewal Service (magazine company) and I contacted my state attorney general first filling out a form online and mailing them my documents I had. It didn't take long at all till I was contacted. They got over $1000.00 back that this company had taken right out of my bank account for over a year without me knowing till I overdrew my account. I urge anyone who feels they're being scammed to contact their attorney general asap. I looked up the magazine company on google and found out that a man in PA contacted his attorney general about the same magazine company and he got all his money back so I was like what could it hurt. Again I did get over $1000.00 back. I would be more than happy to help you out.