Complaint Review: Qlink Wireless

• Qlink Wireless
    499 Sheridan St #300
    Dania Beach, Florida
    United States

Qlink Wireless Qlink Scam alert for seniors and low income individuals Dania Beach Florida

I've had a free government phone for years. I decided to switch over to Safelink from Qlink wireless because Safelink offers bring your own phone service. I called Safelink and was told to call Qlink to see when I could cancel my service. Qlink told me in August that I had to wait until December 2017 which would be the end of my contract because of new government regulations. I have an unlocked smart phone that I wanted to use for Safelink. I did as they asked and waited. Unfortunately, when I tried to move the service to Safelink the rep told me Qlink has BYOP now. Basically, he was doing everything possible to keep me as a customer of Qlink. I decided to see if my smart phone which is an unlocked phone could be used for Qlink. My goal was to get a phone that would provide more options. He put in my IMEI number but was unable to change it. The rep then said why don't you just buy another phone lol. I then ended the conversation.

Next I went to Safelink to see if they could activate my unlocked smart phone over to their service. The sim I was using and phone was compatible. This lead me to call Qlink again to cancel my service. As a disabled person and senior citizen all of this tech stuff was driving me crazy. Luckily, my eldest son was helping with this issue. Here comes my complaint: After I called Qlink back they said that my called in August 2017 when the rep told me to call back in Dec of 2017 was nulled and void because I had called in July of 2017 to reactivate my account. They also said I reactivated my account my opening an email and accepting another 100 minutes. As I recall the 100 minutes came on my cell phone as an upgrade. If adding the 100 minutes included re-certifying my service I was not aware of this obligation. The wording or message was unclear or deceptive. Moreover, why would a rep tell me that I had to wait until December to cancel. If I am not mistaken (lo) July comes after Aug. My yearly re certification is in December. Why on earth would a person renew 6 mts early? It was deceptive and really I do not honestly recall any emails asking me if I wanted to recertified.

Qlink is doing this because they are losing customers to Safelink/ Most of the customer are low income, disabled and elderly. Qlink is committing deceptive practices and downright defrauding the government and its citizens. I was yelled at by a lady who was probably close to 3 times younger than me. She did not give me a chance to tell her what happened. Her point was that they were right and everything I had said was incorrect or a lie. She was rude and made me even speak louder than I wanted to because of her pretty much saying I wasn't telling the truth. Now my only option is to file complaints and pass this information on to my fellow consumers. Don't allow Qlink to keep doing this because its a free program. I qualified for it because of my senior citizen status. I am not dumb or deaf. Shame on you for your practices and disrespect to seniors.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2017 01:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/qlink-wireless/dania-beach-florida-33004/qlink-wireless-qlink-scam-alert-for-seniors-and-low-income-individuals-dania-beach-flori-1415408. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content