Complaint Review: Quality Paperback Book Club

• Reported By: Sarah — Onalaska Texas United States of America
  • Quality Paperback Book Club

Internet
    United States of America

Quality Paperback Book Club Be very careful when you order from this company! Internet

This is one of those bookclubs that lets you buy 6 books up front for 99 cents with the condition that you buy two books at regular price within 2 years.

Sounds great...the only catch is that they have this customer's choice of two books each month that you have to decline or they send you two books that you don't even know what they are and charge them to your card.

So even if you do an auto return (declining them at the post office without ever opening them) then you still have a charge for them on your credit card that you have to dispute!

Also note that the books are not paperback, they are hardbacks and cost close to $20.00 per book! I was notified that I had to order my two books by Dec. 15th or I would be charged $19.70 penalty.

I ordered 2 books, they charged my card for them then put a flag on my account's front page stating they would not be shipped until I paid the $19.70 penalty. I wrote them a nasty letter and they shipped the books.

When I looked at the transactions on my card the $19.70 was there along with the charges for the two books! My card company declined the 19.70. I had not authorized that amount.

Their reasoning was that one of the books I had ordered was not in the class of books I needed to purchase, this was not clearly marked by the book when I ordered it!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2010 06:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/quality-paperback-book-club/internet/quality-paperback-book-club-be-very-careful-when-you-order-from-this-company-internet-675401. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content