Complaint Review: Quibids.com

• Reported By: 67steve — Calgary Alberta Canada
  • Quibids.com

Internet
    United States of America

Quibids.com Quibids Canada Disabled account after purchasing bid packs and winning auctions. Internet, Internet

I signed up on Quibids.com online auction site, I watched several auctions and eventually started bidding on things.  I bid on two seperate 100 bid vouchers which I did not win but decided I would purchase them after the auctions ended so I spent over $115.00 on those bid packs.

I then bid on two items that had 0 bidders watching them so I won both items with my bid being the only bids on those items, Silver earrings and a gold/topaz ring.  I also won another item with 2 bid and that was a 25 bid voucher.  After winning these items and paying for the shipping, I received an email saying that I had multiple accounts and that this was against company policy and that my account had been disabled.

My account remains disabled with 162 remaining unused bids and I cannot do anything about it.  Credit card company said it was up to me to get Quibids to prove that I had multiple accounts.  I sent them some emails saying that I did not have multiple accounts as well, I later found out, that a co-worker used our work address as a shipping address, which is also what I did.  I explained to them that I and a co-worker may have used the same shipping address but that in no way constituted having multiple accounts but I have not received any further response from Quibids.

Seems to me that they didn't like that I won 3 auctions with a total of 4 bids so they perhaps decided to do some damage control.  I really don't know what the reason but it sure doesn't seem like good business practice to lock out ready, willing and most importantly PAYING customers from participating on their site.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2012 12:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/quibidscom/internet/quibidscom-quibids-canada-disabled-account-after-purchasing-bid-packs-and-winning-auction-851280. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content