Report: #1191678

• Reported By: Amanda — Rock Hill South Carolina
  • Quicken Loans

Internet
    USA

I was told by quicken loans that I was approved for $7,000, I gave them my info online as to get approved. They sent me money that had to get a green dot card and resend the money to boost up my credit. I have been doing this since last Thursday. My account has been overdrawn 3 times, messing up my husband check money to pay our bills and Christmas money. So much for having a Christmas with my kids and family. Every day it's a excuse, it should not take this long to get a loan, I was scammed a few weeks ago by another company who did the same thing but instead they took our own money. I have every receipt and green dot card. I have to go and change my bank account once again do to this. I can't believe there are heartless people out there who wanna take your money with out caring.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2014 06:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/quicken-loans/internet/quicken-loans-rip-off-florida-internet-1191678. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

I would like to look into your situation

AUTHOR: Quicken Loans - ()

Hi Amanda, I would like to inform you that whoever contacted was not a Quicken Loans employee. This was a scam. Can you please contact this number ASAP so that law enforcement can investigate this?(800) 863-4332 In the meantime, please do NOT send any additional money to this "company".

Also Can you send my team here at Quicken Loans an email at Andrew@quickenloan.com with some more details so we can into this from our end.

You were scammed, but not by Quicken Loans

AUTHOR: FloridaNative - ()

Quicken Loans does not do small individual payday type loans. If you spend a few minutes researching you can see that the real Quicken Loans is a mortgage lender, not payday lender.

You were scammed by someone else claiming to be with Quicken Loans.

Here are the indicators that you are about to be scammed:

• You were approved for a loan for which you did not supply any documentation
  • You were guaranteed the loan if you could produce the monthly payment as a fee up front or some other fee upfront
  • You are required to prove that you have the fee loaded onto a reloadable type pre-paid card where you are asked to provide the numbers before you actually obtain the loan
  • Or you are required to send the monthly fee via Western Union to an unknown person before they will issue the loan
  • The 'lender' guarantees that you will be refunded the fee plus the amount of the loan

I could go on, but if any of the above occurs, hang up without providing any information or money because you will be scammed. The names the scammers use are fake. The companies they claim to work for exist, but these scammers don't work for these companies - they just swipe their name to sound legitimate.

Go to the FTC(dot)gov website to read up on scams so you can recognize the pattern and refrain from falling for it again.