Complaint Review: Quicken Loans

• Reported By: Bart — Arlington Texas USA
  • Quicken Loans

Nationwide
    USA

Quicken Loans Jaden King All set:Then raised points and then said they could not help. Hit Credit Four times. 2 Each Detroit Nationwide

*UPDATE Employee: Response from QL

*Author of original report: Partial refund

We were going to do a FHA to FHA streamline Refi. Quicken Loans has sent preapproval letters for a few years now. In fact I got one yesterday. In FHA to FHA refi's credit checks and appraisals are not required I guess they figure if you can make 1233 dollar a month you can pay 657 that is provided you have no lates and we don't. I informed Jaden that we both had perfect credit. After they ran each of ours two times he called and stated wow you guy's do have perfect credit. We were locked in at 3.25 for 15 yrs. I thought we were all good to go. Then it happened. They came back with some news that we needed to pay twice the amount in point's to get 2.75 percent. They did not think they could offer it though. Heres the point you have two people credit on first is 838,842,841. Second is 813,817, 819. They charged a good faith 400.00. Quicken switched to another agent to help and it was soo short that I did not even get his name. The point here is they did the classic switch and bait.

I got another offer in the mail saying I am prequalified for $362,250 and they were all so gung -h*o to help with a 50K loan. I feel ripped off by them and I should have checked here first.  Had I done that I would have never contacted them. But the irony is they called me. As one of us is now disabled it would have helped to refi. I want my money back. Crooks

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2017 11:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/quicken-loans/nationwide/quicken-loans-jaden-king-all-setthen-raised-points-and-then-said-they-could-not-help-hi-1365759. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Response from QL

AUTHOR: Carl@QL - (USA)

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear about this poor experience and would like to further research your situation to see how we can help. If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at amanda@quickenloans.com. Thanks.

Partial refund

AUTHOR: - ()

I did receive a partial refund from Quicken Loans to my credit card. They credited back 347.14 leaving me owing 52.86. I really do feel that they should have refunded the whole 400.00.

As they hit each of our credit reports with hard hits on one day then the next day hit it again. We are not going to refi as this was a horrible experience. But they did issue a partial so I guess it is better than none.