Complaint Review: Quincy Jiang

• Reported By: jakehapps — los angeles California USA
  • Quincy Jiang

New York, New York
    USA

Quincy Jiang is a Mandarin tutor located in New York City who I suggest against hiring.  As a former student, she is not fit to teach and if you want a better teacher, use a textbook.  She forced contract among us and is fraduluent so I suggest just buying a textbook.  For tests, she just bases tests off of the textbook and puts no work in and rips people off of their hard earned money.  From a trusted source, look for another tutor, not Ms. Quincy Jiang .

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2016 10:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/quincy-jiang/new-york-new-york/quincy-jiang-fraudulent-tutor-new-york-new-york-1284298. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
2Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Setting the Record Straight

AUTHOR: Quincy - ()

Hi RickJohnson,

I'm sorry that you did not have a good experience working with me. I think there must be some misunderstanding.

I am a professional full time Chinese teacher in high demand and I only tutor students' upon special request.

For young students like your son, I recommend a series of books called "Chinese Made Easy (Children Version)". This book includes a textbook and a workbook which are both in color and very child friendly. During sessions we also make use flash cards and play a variety of games like memory and tic tac toe to reinforce vocabulary in a fun way. In addition, I have a library of carefully chosen videos and Chinese songs which all of my students learn and generally enjoy.

Students also receive a Chinese writing notebook so they can practice writing at home. I usually hand write all the assignments and make questions and exercises for my students to complete in this notebook. Their assignments include copying Chinese characters, writing characters according to Pinyin, and translating Chinese words to English, etc. Each week students come back with their homework and I help them to make the necessary corrections.

I am a professionally trained Chinese teacher with 15 years of teaching experience and I also hold a New York State K-12 teaching certification. More importantly I care very much for my students and their success. All the teaching materials and homework assignments are carefully selected to help students' improve. I custom design a curriculum for each of my private students based on their learning types, level and language goals.

If for some reason you did not like the curriculum or choice of textbooks it would have been nice if you had come to me directly to voice your concerns rather than making false accusations here online.

You are welcome to contact me at quincy@quincyjiang.com

Quincy

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

For the Record

AUTHOR: Quincy Jiang - (USA)

Hi Jakehapps,

I think there must be some misunderstanding.

I usually have 1 free trial lesson and not require payment upfront. So it is very unlikely that you lost money with me.I have not and never will "force" any contract upon my students.

I take my job extremely seriously and I love to help people learn Chinese language and culture. Since these are false accusations I ask that you please provide 1. Proof of the contract that you said you were "forced" to take  2. That there was a transaction where you had to forgo money in return for Chinese lessons.

You're welcome to reach me at quincy@quincyjiang.com

Quincy

She was bad

AUTHOR: linglingpaul - (USA)

She let the textbook do the teaching and is not a good teacher.  Clearly is not a good teacher that cares about the student's learning chinese unless another teacher is around watching her.  Do not suggest hiring.

Subjective

AUTHOR: Amanda323 - ()

I have had other experiences.  This post is subjective because she could be different when teaching a class and a 1 on 1 tutoring session.  As a tutor, she has been fantastic for us and I definetly reccommend Ms. Quincy Jiang to anyone looking to learn Chinese language and culture.

#5 General Comment

Agree

AUTHOR: RickJohnson - (USA)

I have had common experiences.  We hired her as a tutor for my son but she did not do teaching, she just gave him a textbook and expected that to teach the language.  If you read this, I advise looking elsewhere for mandarin tutors in New York.