Complaint Review: Quinlan and Fabish

5749 St Joseph Ave
    Stevensville, Michigan
    United States of America

Quinlan and Fabish Bait and Switch Stevensville, Michigan

On 9-19-11 I entered into a rental agreement with Quinlan and Fabish for a new Yamaha trumpet with a total purchase price of 1,039.  My daughter brought the trumpet home yesterday 10-3-11 and we immediately recognized that the trumpet was not new it had scratches and dents on it.  It was also not even the same brand.  It was a Jupiter CTR-60.

I called the local store and was told that the warehouse didn't have any of the new trumpets in stock so they filled the order with a returned rental unit.  They also reduced the purchase price of the instrument to $969.00 which I later found out is the original purchase price of the instrument.

I did some research and found out that the exact same instrument can be purchased NEW for $750.  I called Quinlan and Fabish again and informed them of this and the young lady who helped me said she had to do some research and would call back.

I received a call back relatively shortly and she informed me that a mistake had been made and the price of the instrument would now be $810.  (This is still more than what the trumpet can be bought brand new).  I am not happy that this company who is endorsed by our local school would sell this trumpet to us (refurbished, dented and scratched) for more than what the instrument can be bought new.

The young lady (Amanda) I believe thanked me for pointing out the error and said they would be sending a Yamaha care kit for my trouble.  I continued to let her know that the purchase price is still not acceptable and she got pretty upset with me on the phone.

How many other times are they pulling this same bait and switch tactic on other parents, hoping that no one will question them while they overcharge for used instruments.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2011 10:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/quinlan-and-fabish/stevensville-michigan-49127/quinlan-and-fabish-bait-and-switch-stevensville-michigan-784542. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content