Complaint Review: RAC ACCEPTANCE

United States of America

RAC ACCEPTANCE Do not trust this company!!! Ripoff Alert! Dunwoody, Georgia

*Author of original report: Update

*UPDATE Employee: Hi I work at RAC

I am writing this to warn others of this company. I began this lease purchase agreement with RAC on 7/2012. I entered this agreement for furniture purchased at a local Rooms to go. Mind you this a Rental transaction as stated on my contract. Minimal rental was 4 months. If I decide to purchase After the first 4 months,per this contract then just continue to make payments.
However my contract states I may terminate this this rental-purchase transaction without Penalty. All quoted from contract verbatim! However 1/9/2013 when I discussed with the manager at this RAC location She proceeds to tell me if I terminate this contract (which is my right per contract), they will list this return as. Repossession! Basically RAC will trash my credit report. Unbelievable!! I read this contract over and over and it is my right to terminate with no Penalty. I was Never late with payments and met my obligations!! So why am I being threatened with repossession on my credit report! Needless to say I don't bow down to Scam/ripoff artists! I will tell the world on this forum and others about this Horrible place. I will seek help from my Corp attorney in regards to this matter to help with arbitration!!!! Stay away people!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2013 04:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/rac-acceptance/dunwoody-georgia-30338/rac-acceptance-do-not-trust-this-company-ripoff-alert-dunwoody-georgia-994218. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Update

AUTHOR: Tammie - (United States of America)

1/11/2013
Notified customer service regarding my complaint and was contacted by the District manager Heidi Croft. She was very courteous,professional individual who spoke with the manager at the Dunwoody,GA location (RAC). Heidi assured me that she had investigated the complaint and found that I had been given erroneous information by that staff and I did not and would not face credit defamation by this company upon my returning the furniture. It is amazing how misinformation is given to employees and passed onto innocent consumers.
In any case I thanked Heidi for helping me with complaint.
However, I will check my credit report in 30-60days to make sure no derogatory information make its way there. I will update All at that time. Thanks again Heidi for your intervention!

Hi I work at RAC

AUTHOR: JanaReed - (United States of America)

I regret to hear about the issues youve been having with your contract terms. We want to make sure that this is taken care of properly. Please give us a call at 1-800-422-8186 and we will work with you to get this cleared up. Thanks.