Complaint Review: Ramada Plaza Resorts - Orlando Fort Lauderdale Vacations

• Reported By: The Nerve! — Milton Ontario Canada
  • Ramada Plaza Resorts - Orlando Fort Lauderdale Vacations

Internet
    United States of America

Ramada Plaza Resorts - Orlando Fort Lauderdale Vacations Seven years later, and oh ya, sir you have to pay for the rest of the trip you never took! Internet

So tonight I get a phone call from this company, which paraphrased goes something like this:

Hello sir you put a large deposit on a vacation you never took back in 2003. Well we're going to have to charge you the rest of the money, (approx $1600) and if you don't agree we're just going to go ahead and charge your card, only you'll never get the trip, so why don't you just agree. At least that way you'll still be able to take the trip.

Now I Know I lost the deposit I paid way back then, after I was never able to get away for this so called bargain escape. My problem. I paid the deposit and then for various personal reasons was never able to get away. I don't like it, but I can live with the fact that it was non refundable. I can't remember for sure now but I do believe I was told this. However that deposit expired something like eighteen months after purchase. (2005 ish) So for this company to call me now when my memory and all records are gone and tell me that they're going to go after me for another $1600 or $17000 (To angry to remember exact figures) based on what they say I was told and said in a phone call seven years ago is beyond mind bogglingly infuriating.

Needles to say I will be watching my credit card account very carefully, and if any charges appear I will have to start legal action.

I urge anyone to be very leery of this company. There are numerous complaints about them, though most of those seem to be regarding refunds on deposits which is something people just have to be careful of before agreeing. Perhaps not the best of business practices but not completely unreasonable either. (As long as it is represented as non refundable anyway.)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2010 09:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ramada-plaza-resorts-orlando-fort-lauderdale-vacations/internet/ramada-plaza-resorts-orlando-fort-lauderdale-vacations-seven-years-later-and-oh-ya-s-630438. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content