Complaint Review: Ramada Plaza Resorts

• Reported By: Hoffman Estates Illinois
  • Ramada Plaza Resorts
    Don't Remember, It Was Over 2 Years Ago
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Ramada Inn Plaza Resorts Vacation Misled with vacation package and gave me run around when asked for refund and made unauthorized charges on my account Fort Lauderdale Florida

A little over two years ago, I received a voucher in the mail with a vacation package deal from Ramada Plaza Inn. They seemed like a good deal. After an hour on the phone with them asking a million questions to see if there was a catch, I gave my credit card and scheduled a family trip. They said that it will show up as two charges of $399 on my bank statement.

After consulting with my family, some of them couldn't make the vacation so I decided to get a refund for the trip. They were okay with giving the refund because I told them I don't want any offers, cut the crap, I would like a refund back. So they said the refund will go through in about 60 days. So I waited that long and they only refunded me half the money. I had to call them back and let them know that I was charged twice on my account and they gave me the run around, and they denied charging me, and they put me through hell. What I should have done before is just go to my bank and report it as an unauthorized charge.

After another 60 days, I received my other half of the refund. It was not until later, I noticed on my bank statement that I was charged $1 to a charity that I never gave to. I looked at the description next to it and it was the same phone number from Ramada Plaza Inn! I was so mad because they charged me without my authorization! When I called them back the third time to dispute this, I was given the run around once again. I asked to speak to a supervisor and I explained to her that you cannot do this, and this is against the law! They told me that I did authorize it and they have a voice recording of it. What liars! I asked for a voice recording and they said they cannot release it, and that only the police can request it. She also tried to make me feel bad that it was ONLY $1 and it's to charity. I told her it doesn't matter, even if it is one penny I will ask for it back because this is not right. The supervisor also said that the charity donation cannot be refunded. I threaten to sue them and was persistent about it so she said that she will mail me a check and I should get it in the mail. I agreed and hung up.

Stupid me, I believed her and haven't seen that check since. I should have just gone to my bank and disputed all charges made by Ramada, but back then I was too young and naive and I didn't know my rights.

This was an experience I will never forget.....I don't know how many people are being scammed and misled by these so called "vacation packages" and false charity charges......because $1 by $1 by $1 you will have a $1,000,000. Please put a stop to this company, and however many companies out there like this.

Gully
Hoffman Estates, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2009 10:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ramada-plaza-resorts/fort-lauderdale-florida/ramada-inn-plaza-resorts-vacation-misled-with-vacation-package-and-gave-me-run-around-when-470193. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content