Complaint Review: Rapid Data Recovery

• Reported By: Richard — Huddersfield Other United Kingdom
  • Rapid Data Recovery
    Internet
    United States of America

Rapid Data Recovery Fields Data Recovery Internet phone 0800 8030828 Scam Data Recovery. Huddersfield, Other

*Consumer Comment: blog

I was advised on first contact with this company that my hard disk had a relatively minor fault in that the firmware was corrupt and that probably it would cost me the advertised cost of 97 to repair.

I sent the disk the same day for repair. I received an email on the 17th August stating that they had done some work but it was unsuccesful and that the whole disk would have to be forensically scanned and that only their sister company Fields  Data Recovery had the facilities to do this. It would cost me 195 + vat if I wished to proceed. And that the process would take 2-4 days.

I paid this via credit card. I have since then not received the disk back. Attempts at communication have been unsucessful, email, phone or website.

I  have since scanned the internet (wish I had done this first) and found that many people have suffered the same fate.

This company is most likely scamming the public. They probably do not do anything at all. They also do not return disks, which is even more frustrating than the money scam.

All email correspondence and web evidence is available on request,

It is much more important that I get my disk back. And wonder if this is a criminal act to retain disks (theft).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2009 04:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/rapid-data-recovery/internet/rapid-data-recovery-fields-data-recovery-internetphone-0800-8030828-scam-data-recovery-486411. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

blog

AUTHOR: Rowland Ferraro - (United Arab Emirates)

would you mind contacting me through my blog?

www.data-recovery-blog.co.uk/blog

This is not an advert, the blog is for people who were scammed by Fields and its directors.