Complaint Review: Rasmus Auctions

201 Yoakum Pkwy. #54
    Alexandria, Virginia
    USA

Rasmus Auctions Unauthorized Use of My Bidder Number Alexandria Virginia

I bid on and won many items on the Rasmus website for many years. Within the past 6 months, I've placed bids on their website and did not receive the computer generated confirmation email for my bids or an email that I had won the item or been outbid. This week I received a computer generated email from Rasmus.com that I was outbid on an item I didn't bid on. I contacted the company via email to rectify the misuse of my bidder number and was disappointed in the outcome. They did not research all auctions to see where my number was used in order to remove it from the bidding. This oversight resulted in a $60 winning bid for my bidder number on an item I didn't bid on. My credit card was charged and I was told since the bids were linked to my ip address, I couldn't get a refund unless I filed a report with the police department.

In addition to poor customer service, there must be something wrong with their auction software or someone is manipulating bids.  When I contacted the company I provided the document they emailed me and the other item that showed I had bid on it.  They researched the wrong auction and I erroneously confirmed that wrong auction.  They responded that I was the one at fault by agreeing that their research was valid.

At best, Rasmus Auctions has poor business practices.  At worst, they are manipulating bids.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2017 11:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/rasmus-auctions/alexandria-virginia-22304/rasmus-auctions-unauthorized-use-of-my-bidder-number-alexandria-virginia-1401305. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content