Complaint Review:

• Reported By: Coming Forward — Caldwell Texas USA
Rau Builders
Internet USA

Rau Builders Ray Rau Coming Forward to Help Others Spring Texas

I am coming forward to help others to NOT hire Rau Builders!!! I hired him Sept. 2014 to build my little 1200 SF metal home (very simple construction). He was very confident that his "crew" could start right away and the project would take 3-4 months to complete. First off, the slab wasn't poured until 2 months after the contract was signed. The total project took 9 months to complete and cost me an additional $4000 rent. The majority of the time, the work "crew" was one man and his fiance'(what a joke). They only worked 2-4 days/month on average. I ended up sub-contacting electrical, drywall and septic because Rau was dragging his feet. Then Rau wasn't paying the sub-contractors on time (he wrote the septic man a hot check).  I ended up buying materials that Rau was supposed to be providing but, some how, never appeared when it was time to install the material. As many other have described, Rau made many false statements in regards to materials and money. It was a total nightmare. I am a single mom and felt at the time that I didn't have additional money to take Ray Rau to court so I put up with the stress and many sleepless nights until the project was finished. I have nothing to gain by slamming Ray's face in the dirt but I do want others to gain by not hiring Ray Rau.....please, please, please. You will be sorry you did, trust me and the others on this one!!! He is bad news.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2017 12:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/rau-builders/internet/rau-builders-ray-rau-coming-forward-to-help-others-spring-texas-1379959. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rau Builders