Complaint Review: Reader's Digest Claim Services

• Reader's Digest Claim Services
    3100 Le Carrefour Blvd
    Laval, Quebec
    United States of America

Reader's Digest Claim Services I recieved a letter from Reader's Digest Claim Services telling me I was the 3rd Prize Winner Laval, Quebec

Today, 9/30/09, I recieved a letter from Reader's Digest Claim Services with two addresses, one was 118 W Charnwood St, Tyler, TX 75701 and the second was 3100 Le Carrefour Blvd,Laval,QC H7T2K7. It had a Canadian stamp and the return address was RDCS,PO Box 1150, MTL QC H4L 5S4.

This letter has the Reader's Digest letterhead and contained a check for $3,046.75. The letter stated that I was the 3rd Prize Winner of their annual Reader's Digest Sweepstake, and that I had won $65,000.00.

It gave me a phone no. 514-649-7082 to call in order to validate the check and release my winnings. So I called and spoke to a lady that told me she was the Marsha Taylor (Director of Claims) that the letter told me to call.

I was told to deposit the check today, and that Fed-Ex would bring me a envelope on Sat., but I was to call her back Friday to find out where I was to go to pay the "check" fees,taxes etc. before they would deliver a cashiers check for $65,000.00.

I got on the Internet and saw all the reports of people getting the same type of letter, verifing that it is indeed a scam. I noticed that they use different banks and different phone numbers. Seems that Reader's Digest would be trying to track these folks down and put a stop to this scam, doesn't it?

Thanks to Ripoff Report for saving me alot of time and trouble!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2009 03:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/readers-digest-claim-services/laval-quebec-h7t2k7/readers-digest-claim-services-i-recieved-a-letter-from-readers-digest-claim-services-te-502271. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content