Report: #401952

• Reported By: New Lisbon Indiana
  • Reading America
    880 Marietta Highway
    Roswell, Georgia

Reading America SCAM!!! They will offer a $1000 shopping spree to get your card numbers. Roswell Georgia

~They called my cell phone claiming I had won a shopping spree for one thousand dollars. They said I won by spending on my Visa and sadly I fell for it, but only for a little while.
~The "company" transfered me to three different people all claiming to be different departments though I could hear children and other noises in the background. They gave me their phone number and address and told me to varify them through my credit card company.

~In the process they gave me a six magazine offer which I refused. They transfered me to someone else who said I lost the shopping spree, but won a trip to Hawaii. I refused the trip and they returned me to the shopping spree woman. She convinced me that it was not a scam and I gave up my numbers. Thankfully I only had $5.47 on the card.

~Since my funds were so low they asked for my debit card numbers, this was a definite red flag. I refused to give them the numbers and asked to see their webpage which turned out to be one page of nothing. I could not click on anything or do anything, basically it was just there.

~I asked again for them to wait as I checked them out on the internet and she abruptly hung up on me. I called and canceled my card after seeing this site and what they had done to other people. Reading America had already tried to charge $44.95 to my credit card.

~In the beginning they offered six magazines for $3.52 a week. If ever you get this offer do not be an idiot like me, always check the internet first it will save you a whole lot of grief and money.

Rae
New Lisbon, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2008 11:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/reading-america/roswell-georgia-30068/reading-america-scam-they-will-offer-a-1000-shopping-spree-to-get-your-card-numbers-r-401952. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content